攀登加尔默罗山

与 Ascent of Mount Carmel 对照
圣十字若望
攀登加尔默罗山

诗节

Stanzas

其中灵魂歌唱自己所遇的幸福机缘:它在超脱并炼净自己中,经过信心的黑夜,达到与良人联合。

Wherein the soul sings of the happy chance which it had in passing through the dark night of faith, in detachment and purgation of itself, to union with the Beloved.

1. 在一个黑夜,因爱的渴望而燃起——哦,幸福机缘!——〔形容词全篇均为阴性。〕

1. On a dark night, Kindled [The adjectives are feminine throughout.] in love with yearnings oh, happy chance!

我悄然出走,我的家如今已安息。〔译作「安息」的词是过去分词;更直译为「静止」。〕

I went forth without being observed, My house being now at rest. [The word translated at rest is a past participle: more literally, stilled.]

2. 在黑暗中且安稳,沿着秘密梯子,乔装而行——哦,幸福机缘!——

2. In darkness and secure, By the secret ladder, disguised oh, happy chance!

在黑暗中,在隐蔽中,我的家如今已安息。

In darkness and in concealment, My house being now at rest.

3. 在那幸福之夜,在隐秘中,无人看见我,

3. In the happy night, In secret, when none saw me,

我也未看见任何事物,除了心中燃烧的那光,没有光,也没有向导。

Nor I beheld aught, Without light or guide, save that which burned in my heart.

4. 这光引导我,比正午之光更稳妥,

4. This light guided me More surely than the light of noonday,

到那一位(我清楚知道是谁!)等候我的地方——那里无一人显现。

To the place where he (well I knew who!) was awaiting me A place where none appeared.

5. 哦,引导我的黑夜,哦,比黎明更可爱的黑夜,

5. Oh, night that guided me, Oh, night more lovely than the dawn,

哦,使良人与爱人相结合的黑夜,使爱人转化于良人之中!

Oh, night that joined Beloved with lover, Lover transformed in the Beloved!

6. 在我繁花盛开的胸前,完全只为他一人保留,

6. Upon my flowery breast, Kept wholly for himself alone,

他在那里安睡,我抚爱他,香柏的扇动送来微风。

There he stayed sleeping, and I caressed him, And the fanning of the cedars made a breeze.

7. 当我分开他的发绺,微风从塔楼吹来;

7. The breeze blew from the turret As I parted his locks;

他用温柔的手伤了我的颈项,使我所有感官都悬止。

With his gentle hand he wounded my neck And caused all my senses to be suspended.

8. 我停留在那里,迷失于遗忘中;〔直译:「我停留并忘记。」〕我把脸倚靠在良人身上。

8. I remained, lost in oblivion; [Lit.: I remained and forgot.] My face I reclined on the Beloved.

一切都止息了,我放弃了自己,把我的挂虑遗忘在百合花间。

All ceased and I abandoned myself, Leaving my cares forgotten among the lilies.